An online dance class is a dance video that you can learn from¹.
There are three different types of Online Dance Classes:
- Foundation: These are free for members who want to learn and discover their hidden dance talents in Ballet, Hip-Hop, Jazz & Tap;
- Exercises: These cover one to two 8 counts exercises, such as across-the-floor work;
- Combinations: These are choreographed routines of a particular style with music - averaging 60 seconds long, same as in a regular class. They are not full stage performance numbers and are not meant to be.
Please note that we do not offer full classes as you would find in a studio. For smoother online viewing, warm-ups, exercises and combinations are separate videos. You can create your own full class by starting with a warm-up, selecting some exercises, and ending with a combination.
All online dance classes include the following features:
- Controls: pause, rewind and fast-forward at your own leisure;
- Slow motion: each class is slowed down for you to easily pick up details while you learn the choreography;
- Split screens: you can learn from a front mirrored view and a back view at the same time so as not to miss hidden details;
- Full-screen: clear a space and really experience your class by using the full-screen capabilities;
- Voice over: videos are accompanied by the instructor voicing over the counts or steps with the choreography;
- Notes: written tips from the choreographer will accompany each class.
¹ A subscription is required to access Online Dance Classes.