Not everyone has access to a wide space with sprung floors. We cannot stress enough that your safety when dancing is of the upmost importance. Here are some pointers to create a safer environment when taking an online class:
- Clear the room of furniture and objects lying around.
- Be aware of floor surfaces and make adjustments to footwear accordingly.
- If dancing on a surface that produces a lot of friction, avoid pivoting or turning actions on your feet as this may cause injuries to the knee and other joints
- Avoid dancing on concrete and slippery surfaces as much as possible
- Ensure that you have proper lighting in the area to be able to watch the class from your device and your surroundings clearly.
- Make the necessary modifications to dance movements to suit your environment (e.g. less traveling, less jumping).
- Avoid having pets roam around when dancing.
- Use your best judgement!