Below are settings that need to be added or adjusted at the source level (meaning from hotmail/outlook/gmail through your browser) not just Apple Mail or Outlook software from within your desktop.
- First, if you find an email from danceplug.com in your Gmail spam folder, select our email and click the “Not Spam” button
- Next, open an email that you have received from us
- Click on the little down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to “Reply”:
- Click “Add danceplug.com to Contacts list”
Outlook (formerly know as Hotmail) Whitelist:
- First, if you find an email from danceplug.com in your Hotmail junk folder, open the email and click “Not Junk”
- Click on the "Settings" (gear icon located top right next to your account name) and choose "Options"
- Click on "Safe and blocked senders"
- Next, click on “Safe senders”
- Add danceplug.com where it says “Sender or domain to mark as safe”, if we are not already in the list
- Click the “Add to list” button
Yahoo! Mail Whitelist:
You must set up a “filter”, but first:
- If you find an email from danceplug.com in your “Spam” folder, open the email and click “Not Spam”
- Click on the "Settings" (gear icon located top right next to your account name) and choose "Settings"
- Click on "Blocked Addresses" and make sure danceplug.com is not in the list
Microsoft Outlook Whitelist:
- On the Tools menu, click Options
- On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail
- On the Safe Senders tab, click Add
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org where it says “Add address”.
- Add email@example.com in the same way.
- Click OK
(if there is an option for white list the domain then do so that way you do not need to enter multiple email addresses)
Apple Mail / OSX Whitelist:
- First, if email from danceplug.com ends up in your junk folder, highlight or open it and click “Not Junk” at the top of your screen.
- Go to “Mail” > “Preferences”
- Go to “Mail” > “Preferences” Go to the Rules tab
- Select Add Rule
- Give this rule a name such as “Email from danceplug.com”
- Create a rule that says “If any of the following conditions are met: ‘From’ ‘Contains’” and then paste in “danceplug.com”
- From the actions, select ‘Move message’ to mailbox ‘Inbox’.
- Click “OK”
Whitelisting Email in Other Email Applications & Webmail Services
If you use a Web mail system or email application adding the “From” address to your “address book”, “safe list”, “whitelist” or “contact list” will usually work.
Also, check your “spam”, “bulk” or “junk” folder. If the email is there look for a way to indicate that it is not spam. For example by selecting the email and clicking a button such as “Not Spam” or “Not Junk”.